Date: 18th July 2018. Venue: Keyworth Building, Keyworth Street, London South Bank University (LSBU), London, SE1 6LN.
Following on from the conference on Critical Autism Studies (CAS) that was held at LSBU in 2017, the Participatory Autism Research Collective will be running a free one-day conference on 18th July 2018.
We invite contributions from experiential, empirical, theoretical, and practical perspectives to critically explore autism. This conference builds upon the recent current issues piece published in Disability and Society by Woods et al. (2018) in looking to expand discussions in this area. Possible themes include but are not limited to:
- Participatory and emancipatory research
- Theoretical and conceptual understandings of autism and autistic ways of being
- Critical evaluations of support strategies, interventions and public policy
- Research methodologies and ethics
- Cultural representations of autism
Deadline for abstract (max 300 words) submissions: 8th June 2018.
To register for a free place and to submit an abstract (or an alternative submission) please email email@example.com. Conference registration is free, yet places are limited. We are unable to fund travel expenses for attendees.