“Innovation in Autism Practice: The Future is Calling”, 8th – 9th November 2018, Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow.
Call For Papers
As part of our 50th anniversary celebrations we are holding a two day conference which aims to provide a platform for sharing visionary approaches to the development of autism practice.
Our programme will be influenced and informed by a contemporary view that embraces autism as a developmental difference and focuses on a capacity view of the individual. Day one will centre around the culture and context of practice and day two will look at innovation in practice.
We want to engage with others who share our ambition to promote practice based evidence and recognise the value of the lived experience of autistic people. We would like to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster submission on the following topics:
- Innovative service design and delivery
- Participation – valuing the lived experience of autistic people
- Enabling voice and choice
- Research to practice – models of support that have been informed by research or evaluation
- Communities of practice that support the development of good autism practice
- New perspectives on the use of evidence within autism research
Deadline for submissions is Friday 30 March.
Any enquiries should be directed to Charlene Tait, Director of Autism Practice and Research at email@example.com